Tuesday 20 December 2016

Thinking About My New Project; Photography Session!

It`s five days till Christmas now...And I`ve genuinely been pretty bored, I get bored when there`s nothing for me to do that stimulates my brain and keeps me busy.

Seeing as we`ve been given a rather generous 5 weeks off of University and I`ve already been given the next module that I`ll be work on. So over Christmas, we`ve got to think about what we`re going to do and what we`re going to base our next module on.

I`ve thought about it quite a bit.
I think I might be going back to my year 13 roots, where I worked with meting plastic, setting work on fire and just being a messy person, who got told off quite a bit for being too messy... Seeing as I`m in a University environment, I thought that right now would be an amazing time to go back to trying out my messy ways.I have to admit though, I was seriously stumped for ideas so I`m also going back to my year 13 project, which was all about The Decay Of Nature; I want to do the same project but have another take on the subject.


To begin our module, we have to think of just two words as our starting point; the first word has to be the form of work, so that for me will be Mixed Media. Then the second word it the content; so for me I`m going with something like waste/human waste.


Instead of focusing more on the nature side of this project, and how we dump our man made waste and destroy the environment worldwide.
I`m making this project a lot closer to home, to begin with, I`ve been photographing the nutbrook trail which is a very common place for nearby fly-tippers. To begin with, it was actually pretty clear down there; usually there`s a lot of waste left near the quitter areas of the trail and it`s quite disgusting to see.

Seeing as it was quite clear down there, I decided to go and take my photography somewhere else.
A place that I go quite a bit actually to work on some small photography bits, It`s hidden through a fence that leads you behind the nutbrook trail.If you`ve seen this blog before, then you`ll know that a long time ago I used a lot of different images of the train tracks that are down there. However, I didn`t want to focus on the tracks at all this time, Instead I went the opposite way and ended walking around amongst a lot of bushes and trees.


It was quite sad in away, amongst the, now dead, bushes, there was so much cr*p just scattered around.
There used to be a huge factory down there, like an extremely long time ago; so they knocked it down and left the train tracks there. Because it`s private land, and it`s quite a large area of land, no one is ever down there and there are no longer security who go around and see if anyone is down there.
So people go through the fence, walk around for ten minutes and then just dump a bag of cr*p wherever they feel like.

Even though the land is abandoned, it did have a large factory and there is quite a bit of rubble left over from when they knocked it down; but that doesn`t mean that anyone can go down there and dump a load of cr*p from their back garden.

So anyways, I took about 156 photos when I was down there, and I must of been down there with David for almost 2 hours. The weather wasn`t too bad, just a bit chilly, but it was rather muddy down there and I might of got my boots seriously covered in mud... They may need a good clean.

Along with the 156 photos that I took on my Canon camera, I took two large carrier bags down with me. During mine and Davids walk, and after photographing some of the waste, I filled one with plants, dead leaves, twigs and sticks; these are just for crushing down and using as base materials for my work. Then in the other carrier bag, after I`d photographed the waste, I simply picked it up and popped it into the bag if it looked clean enough to go in there. a lot of it only had a bit of mud on that was easily dusted off, so I just filled the bag until it was too heavy for me to carry around... Then it was handed over to David since he is a whole lot stronger than me.


I managed to pick up quite a bit of waste whilst I was done there which I think is really good for my first walk; old wires, parts of computers, plastic sheets, plastic piping, etc.
I will need to start working wit these at some point though seeing as they are both just sat in bags in my room waiting to be used, and the bags where very large and they are taking up a lot of room on my desk... I also picked up a bag yesterday and I hadn`t realized that something I picked up must of been wet, so I had to clean up a little puddle of extremely dirty water that the bag had been sat on for some time.

So overall, I think I have things planned out for over the holidays; It`s just some old wood that I now have to source. My  journal is up to date; I`ve been to two gallery exhibitions within Derby, the Teamlab exhibition at the Quad and the Derby Museum Retro TV show exhibition. The only work I can see doing in there now is probably some small sampled of mixed media work and probably all of the photography that I completed during this session.


That`s it for this update!
Updates will probably slow down now over Christmas since I won`t be producing that much art work from now on... Perhaps some small little bits that probably have nothing to do with this project, and maybe a few little bits that lead up to more planning for the next project; but I`m afraid they`ll now slow down for a little bit now...
HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS!!!



Live Diary Blog:   http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:   https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson Redbbble:   http://www.redbubble.com/people/amywatkinson
Deviantart:    https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons

No comments:

Post a Comment