Sunday 19 February 2017

Collecting Materials!

For my newest project, if you haven`t read all of my other posts on here, is all about flytipping and human waste. I`m collecting all of my materials from the same area near a bunch of industrial factories that run in front of the nutbrook trail. Which is a nature trail, but also a popular place for flytippers since a lot of people don`t go down there due to the factories.

This particular area has been abandoned for years due to an old factory that was built there, and then knocked down. It still has the old rusted train tracks that are out of order and are completely safe to walk along for a good hour or so.
The area was overtaken by nature; wild flowers, tress, bushes, random plants growing inbetween lumps of concrete and metal.
But just lately the place was overtaken by flytippers and just left that way, there`s no point in the council paying to clear up an area that no one can see. So, they`re just leaving it all there and not really having a second thought about it. I kind of wish someone would clean up the area since the area would be absolutely amazing if they just cleared it so plants could begin to grow again.




But anyways, you`ve probably read about that before in previous posts that i`ve uploaded.

I began to collect materials over the christmas period, but over time i`ve ran out and today was actually my third time going back to get even more materials from that area.


I basically haven't been uploading any of my artwork so far since i`ve just been pumping out experimental work and i genuinely can`t keep up with everything i`m doing at the moment, and i`m seriously struggling to try and keep up with everything else i have on the side. So the blogs, redbubble, facebook page and even an Essay that I need to finish... Like, I haven`t even started a seriously important Essay which SERIOUSLY needs my attention right now!



In-between my time in the studios, I also have a theory class that I attend once a week, and an artist talk. Then inbetween that, we have to document every little thing that we do in our journals, every Wednesday we have a new deadline for our theory work since we`re set a new task once a week, a presentation for our theory work and an Essay for our theory work. THEN, I have to go and collect the materials that I`m using for my project, which is about 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back and then you have to add the collection time on top of that.

SO, as you can tell, I`m actually pretty busy the majority of the time and I do find it hard to keep up with everything.

You`ll be able to find everything that I`m beginning to upload on Deviantart, There`s now a folder on there called University, Year 1, Semester 2. Pretty straight forward really, you should begin to find the majority of my experimental pieces on there.

I`m getting round to uploading everything I have so far, it`ll take me some time still.
This is basically just a post saying that, I`ve collected materials, i`m getting there with the studio work but it is taking me some time to getting round to uploading everything that I`ve done.

I will admit aswell, that my project is not hygienic at all and it is very dirty, so a lot of my pictures and my materials have a lot of dirt and mud on them... Which needs to be washed off quite badly.


I`ll be uploading images of all of my found objects in one image but in sets of squares, i`ve racked up over 200+ photos so i don`t want to upload them all one by one and take he absolute mick with it.



Live Diary Blog:   http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:   https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson Redbbble:   http://www.redbubble.com/people/amywatkinson
Deviantart:    https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons




No comments:

Post a Comment